Model PBX Pneumatic Bonders for Bonding Rubber O-Rings with Standard Diameter or Special Shaped Solid Cross Sections that require Time and Temperature Controls and Die Set Changes for Additional Sizes and Shapes.
- The PBX Models are benchtop units consisting of a pneumatic vertical press controlled by dual air cylinders and activated by use of a foot pedal thus allowing for hands-free (2-hand) positioning of rubber cord stock.
- Adjustable air pressure regulator permits a controlled squeeze of the rubber O-Ring cord or extrusion, compensating for any cord stock cross-sectional deviation. Air pressure can be adjusted up to 100 psi, allowing the process squeeze to be regulated based upon the durometer and outside diameter/profile shape of the rubber cord.
- PBX Bonders contain adjustable time and temperature controls and are available in 2 Models: ANALOG (PBX700A) or DIGITAL (PBX800D) Time and Temperature Controls.
- (2) heaters; one in each top and bottom platen. Temperature control range of 0 to 400° F (204° C)
- Both Models contain adjustable timers for automatic separation of the die-sets; ensuring that proper bonding time is maintained.
- Changeable die set design. (The added “X” in our part numbers indicates models with die change compatibility). Quick, 2-minute, die changes (8 screws)
- Suitable for NBR (Buna-N), EPDM, CR (Neoprene), VMQ (Silicone), FKM (Viton®) and Sponge Rubber (Open or Closed Cell) Cord Stock Materials
- Die size: 2 in. wide x 4 in. long (2-pc aluminum)
- Voltage: 115VAC, 60 Hz., 700 Watts.
- Overall unit size: 12 in. wide x 12 in. deep x 14 in. high.
- (3) Changeable Die Set Options are available; including Reversible Standard Inch/Metric, Custom and Blank Die Sets (Ordered separately, please see below)
- All PBX Die Sets are supplied with proper mounting holes, screws and allen wrench for quick and easy die changes.
(3) Die Set Options Available:
(Model PBX Bonders are not automatically supplied with a die set. Die Sets must be ordered separately)
A reversible combination die-set that accomodates a total of 16 possible cord sizes with popular AS568 inch sizes on one side and popular metric cord sizes on the opposing sides:
(8) Popular Rubber Cord Standard Inch Sizes including AS568 Sizes: .070, .103, .139, .210 &.275 plus .312, .375 & .500 DIAMETERS.
(8) Popular Metric Cord Sizes: 1.6, 2.0, 2.4, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 5.0 & 5.7 mm DIAMETERS.
PBXDS-1 Standard Reversible Die Set
Inches to Metric
A Custom Die-Set for Rubber Extrusions with Special Shaped Cross-Sections and/or O-Rings. RSF can machine to customer drawing specifications. (Allows for special extrusion shapes or multiple duplicate profile cavities for increased production quantities)
Layout to fit within a specified zone shown in the white boxed area in the sketch to the right as 1.750″ X 2.950″ (44 mm X 75 mm).
Custom Reversible Die Set
with Mounting Screws and Hex Key
Same Cord Stock Diameter Repeated 4 times in
Die Set for Multiple Part Production
A Blank Die-Set with no cavities; allowing customers to machine their own personal sizes. Blank Sie Sets come with proper mounting holes; counterbored on one side. Mounting screws and hex key are also supplied with purchase. RSF recommends that customers maintain a minimum .125 wall thickness between hole/profile cavities when making there own custom hole cavity die sets.